Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #61
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Just the 8" touchscreen, as far as I know.

I believe the thread title should say "MyFord Touch" and not "SYNC".

I'm kind of wondering what hardware / software I'll need to buy if I decide to seriously consider rewriting the code for MFT. It's just that I'm sure everything is probably encrypted... such a pain. There's always rerouting everything and just having the screen hook up to my Android... but that would take years (for me personally) to research and develop. I feel like going through someone else's code and finding flaws might be shorter in the long run - but then again, maybe not considering how badly written this code apparently is.
I do not think you can write the code for it because the SDK is closely guarded. I looked to see if one was out there. It would be super sweet to have a crack for the MFT and have some "real" programmers working on it. I mean heck I jail break my Apple products and love being able to do things that I want with them.

What gets me is how bad this software is. I am sure they have some great talent working on this, but I wonder if the testing is the problem. I mean bugs are part of the development process, catching the bugs before it goes out to customers is part of the testing phase. I owned a software company and we developed software that was distributed on CD to 1000's of users. I do not recall us ever having this much trouble. Sure we had a bump here and there, but nothing so blatant. I have also never worked with this type of software. Is this embedded or some other type of platform?