View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #48
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the newmission links, I guess I will wait n see what kind of intakes are developed since I'm not sure I want to spend too much time cutting up my airbox for new mission. Although It does indeed look like a great intake for a focus. I just don't have that sorta free time these days. Guess I will look to getting an AEM when it comes time to replace my stock filter. However I'm a bit concerned about crushing the factory intake as I have read some people do. I'm assuming this is from clamping the filter too tight (or maybe just tight enough). Perhaps someone will manufacture some billet inserts so we can apply more clamping pressure? I run insert rings on my 250r ATV for just this problem. Granted on the 250r the air filter can bounce off if not tightened enough and if you over tighten you can get an air leak.

This is the link to see what I mean: but you will have to search for "Billet Air Box Ring".
http://www.duncanracing.com/buyersgu...x250r.html#Fil

Does that K&N allow you to keep the airbox lid on? Anyone had any issues with the MAF sensor getting messed up from over oiling? K&N + outerwear is nice, but also restrictive and expensive. I think id be better off going AEM and skipping the oil all together.