Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Daily Driver: 2007 ZX4
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 11:06 PM   #7
akight
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33983
What I Drive: 2007 Liquid Grey ZX4

FF Reputation: 5 akight Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
gonna be on stockers for a while, sadly... i HAVE to do a 5 speed swap before i do anything else (yes its an auto )... i do have big plans though but i don't want to announce anything too soon (300+ hp N/A )

the coilovers are racelands, but i've actually had great luck with them. the spring rates are solid so it doesnt bounce much at all and is very smooth unless i hit a big pothole (but then my subframe scrapes anyway so its whatevs)

to shave 300+ pounds ive stripped the entire interior of nearly everything except my front speakers and a few select dash pieces... i have an aftermarket steering wheel, lightweight exhaust, cai, and shorty antenna (hey everything counts)... and I've undoubtedly forgotten a bunch of stuff (my closet is absolutely packed full of car parts)...on top of that ive done an a/c delete and gotten a little trigger happy with my dremel

my hood is leaning up against the wall in my living room... i drive without it as much as possible (which is often here in south carolina )

i did the front fender add-on myself and it just consists of some fiberglass over-laid to disperse air from entering beneath the chassis... i scrape everywhere... and i enjoy it. fender heights are 21.5 front and 22.25 rear

if youre wondering about the weight reduction, yes it makes a huge difference... i would confidently take on a civic si with my auto-slushbox