Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - ST, WRX, MS3 or Genesis 2.0t?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #50
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,737, Level 66
Points: 9,737, Level: 66 Points: 9,737, Level: 66 Points: 9,737, Level: 66
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
Or there's this.... I'm not sure if this guy knows what he has or not. That's definitely not a Boxster, but I didn't think that the Cayman was available stateside that year either. You can pick up a used Boxster in that price range or less- financing is a no though.

Is it a Boxster hard top, or a Cayman?
The vin is a boxter, and if you read the description it was modified by an aftermarket tuning company to look like a cayman.

" Top by “Zeintec” with custom made everything, heated rear window defrost like OEM, all convertible top mechanism removed and open area custom carpeted to match interior color and carpet (BTW, new floor carpet too, got tired of looking at a cigarette burn that somebody did in the 25,000 miles before I bought the car. Also that burn was from long, long ago and it’s never been smoked in while I’ve owned it, NO smoke smell and the OEM Non Smoking kit has been there since I got it to boot.)

Top installation looks as factory as you can get if I do say so myself. Gaps are a little wider than factory and a little more than I would like but, overall a very good fit, nicely prepared and a great option if you like the Boxster but are not particularly a convertible guy as I’m not nor could I go on the prowl for a Cayman at the time, Priorities.

OEM Cayman third brakelight incorporated into the rear hatch for a very finished effect."

The company used to make it as a kit/ conversion, but they failed during the recession.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...t-of-business/