Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 130whp?
Thread: 130whp?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 48 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
130whp?

I really don't get it. This car is basically stock. It's a Ebay SRI, Ebay long tube header, 2.5" flex and Magnaflow flex back. I added PZEV injectors and have been tuning it for E-85.
When I first picked it up it was a turd. Could hardly move out of it's own way. But on a stock tune I didn't expect much. Hell it's been 10 years since I drove a stock one; forgot how uneventful they were. But now that I've got my spark issues worked out, this thing is fun. According to the last two logs I pulled tonight it should be around high 120 to low 130 whp.

Is that even possible?
Anyone happen to have dyno'd a similar car on race fuel? What did you get for #'s?

Here is a graph. What it is is air flow multiplied by my commanded Lambda times 90% (drivetrain loss of the low end of 10%).
And before I forget, air temp tonight was in the low 40's; IAT's were in the low 50's high 40's. Nice and cold, good power air. But not enough to account for the #'s I'm seeing.

FWIW, other car done the same way. This is with the FRIM. Other car has a 2000 IM (stock).

Last edited by iminhell; 09-23-2012 at 07:46 PM.