Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #1543
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Hi folks. Well I picked up my Car Friday. They replaced the seals that were responsible for leaking and also replaced the clutches. So when I pulled out from the parking spot when leaving the dealership the tranny behaved very strangely. As though I had it in Manual mode with the 1st gear selected and then it shifted pretty strangely to 2nd but once I started out on the main road it seemed to work out whatever issue it intially had. I just assumed something related to maybe things needing to sync up internally. I dunno but now let me tell ya. I have never. NEVER had it shift so smoothly before. I've been driving around this weekend and so far it shifts really great. No RPM Flares, shudders vibration and NO NOISE!.
I haven't really got on it very hard but one or twice I needed to get around a car to position myself for an upcoming exit and it downshifted really well and pulled great.

I guess I'm trying to take it easy on the car though so I've been taking it pretty easy. Oh. I did experience one strange issue today. I was backing into my driveway which has a slight incline. I had to give it gas to get it to start rolling back and when I let off the gas it started bucking like I'd let out the clutch on a manual too fast.

SO I guess there's still some break in to go. but so far so good!.
Great to hear. Let us know if you have more issues. It is nice to hear that someone has had some luck getting their car repaired.