Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #1542
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi folks. Well I picked up my Car Friday. They replaced the seals that were responsible for leaking and also replaced the clutches. So when I pulled out from the parking spot when leaving the dealership the tranny behaved very strangely. As though I had it in Manual mode with the 1st gear selected and then it shifted pretty strangely to 2nd but once I started out on the main road it seemed to work out whatever issue it intially had. I just assumed something related to maybe things needing to sync up internally. I dunno but now let me tell ya. I have never. NEVER had it shift so smoothly before. I've been driving around this weekend and so far it shifts really great. No RPM Flares, shudders vibration and NO NOISE!.
I haven't really got on it very hard but one or twice I needed to get around a car to position myself for an upcoming exit and it downshifted really well and pulled great.

I guess I'm trying to take it easy on the car though so I've been taking it pretty easy. Oh. I did experience one strange issue today. I was backing into my driveway which has a slight incline. I had to give it gas to get it to start rolling back and when I let off the gas it started bucking like I'd let out the clutch on a manual too fast.

SO I guess there's still some break in to go. but so far so good!.