Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2000-2004 F-Sport Bumper Group Buy
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #441
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

Points 7,304, Level 56
Points: 7,304, Level: 56 Points: 7,304, Level: 56 Points: 7,304, Level: 56
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 10 Blue5ive Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr03ZX5 View Post
yeah, theres no way i could replicate what they did in that video with my bumper. im just wondering why ED would say it does look better with less flare, but not make it that way?
That's why I'm surprised it had the flaring issue cuz the donor bumper showed no signs of flaring in their photos. They don't do test fit, tweak, ,make revised mold, test fit again and so on. All they really did was just copy and produce with minor alteration needed for mold release.

As far as the video goes well I haven't see anyone even able to get close to that level of flexibility. If your bumper could do that then the stress cracks wouldn't be happening from it just being pulled in a little. I've seen regular fiberglass bumpers that you could bend a little and leave it that way without any cracks. Maybe they need to add more flex into the duraflex?

Still like the bumper though. The brackets are an easy fix. Now only concerned about the stress cracks and the possibility of them progressing into something worse. Curious to see if your remedy fixes the issue. Otherwise I may go the Pro DTM route since I like that bumper alot as well.

Keep us updated and don't forget the pics. Really helpful.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."