Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Next-Gen Volkswagen GTI to Get Performance Pack
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
Supernaut
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85958
What I Drive: '99 Kawasaki Ninja EX500

FF Reputation: 1 Supernaut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstaks View Post
Would not touch a V-Dub, don't get me wrong they got the styling down but not reliability. I think there's* better cars out on the lots. Just my opinion...
That can't be true. Germany can't make a bad car, they are the best in the world. My uncle Fritz had a 84 diesel golf that went 800,000 miles, and he still drives it in bratwurst season. You drive an American piece of crap? What is wrong with you? And Volkswagens are tough! What do you think is going to happen to you when you get your American car in a crash?

Sieg Heil!

Ok, I've delt with a few VW/German car enthusiasts in my time. And while there are some VW's I'd really like in my driveway, that sort of existing culture turns me away from the name. Same with Chevy and some of the meat headed zealots connected to it. Don't get me started with Harley-Davidson motorcycles....

Food for thought.... what does any car made in 1984 have anything to do with a car's expected reliability rolling out of a factory today?