Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - eagle_eye735's 05 zx3 build/mod thread
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #116
eagle_eye735
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90674
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 1999 Triumph Sprint ST

Points 967, Level 16
Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16 Points: 967, Level: 16
Level Up 67% Completed
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 eagle_eye735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Well it has been a while, time for an update. College is pretty alright, I have been really busy between classes, volunteering, and weekend rock climbing. I hate having to go to car washes now, as well as having to park in a parking lot with droves of irresponsible college students ( I already have a nice big dent in the drivers side rear quarter panel from somebody opening their door into my car, that shit really pisses me off) Luckily for me I found a very active (though small) population of autocrossers up here. I discovered this after I found notice of an upcoming autox event left on my car in the parking lot (apparently my car looks sporty enough to get noticed ). I ended up taking first in the ST class and 13th overall. Here are some pics:

Through this event I discovered my college's car club, so now I have access to a place to work on my car and some tools I don't own. Another autox is coming up next weekend, so hopefully another class win. The one downside to all this autox is that next summer I am going to need new tires :( but hey I guess that means I have an excuse to get some stickier tires. I am thinking my next upgrades are probably going to be performance engine mounts and a short shifter, possibly a race header and tune down the road too. Any thoughts on the short shifter in a car with an armrest? I think it would be awkward to get to, any tasteful way to get rid of the arm rest?
Hatch Nation #162
2005 Sonic Blue ZX3 SES
|K&N Typhoon CAI|Magnaflow Catback Exhaust|Megan Racing Springs|Front Strut Brace|SVT 21mm Rear Sway Bar|Prothane Bushings and Endlinks|Steeda STS|