Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SVT Swap Question
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
racnfirecapn
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92527
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue & Pitch Black SVT's

Points 67, Level 1
Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1 Points: 67, Level: 1
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 racnfirecapn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SVT motor swap

Thanks Matt for the reply,

Quote:
Originally Posted by drostedrummer89 View Post
whats the mileage on the donor motor?

(Mileage on the donor motor is just over 75,000)

depending on mileage I'd go all through it and replace gaskets, valve seals, deck head, maybe even crack the bottom end open and replace bearings and rings. but all that depends on mileage, as well as the results of a leakdown/compression test.

The Compression test showed between 110 - 116 PSI on all four cylinders. From what I have read that's pretty near the best you can get from the stock SVT. I have not performed a leak down test yet but I will do that after I pull the motor. Me personally I'm not interested in decking/milling the head unless it had damage/warping and was in need of it. I actually want to keep the car in stock trim. I might consider a rebuild if the consensus leans that way. I was actually thinking that I would go through and rebuild the motor with the spun rod bearing after the replacement is completed. The motor in the neglected SVT (approximately 128,000 miles) had the head rebuilt about 4 months before the spun bearing problem surfaced. (Resulted from a, believe it or not, broken timing belt no less. Imagine that!!)

All sensors should remain the same for the svts. Thanks for the info here!!

Matt
Lester