Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus is NOT holding value
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #202
jdetzel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102548
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatchback

Points 156, Level 3
Points: 156, Level: 3 Points: 156, Level: 3 Points: 156, Level: 3
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 jdetzel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
No, we are discussing the "issues" and "complaints" as REV brought up and we simply fired back with examples from other brands.

What mistake did Ford make? It's marketing? Or it's design? It's cheap to fix one, not the other.

It doesn't help that Americans have been brainwashed by shitty automatics that trade in performance and efficiency for simply being very smooth but if the consumer isn't willing to learn about what they bought on their own I can't fault Ford for that.
I am ok the Ford sold me a DCT and told me it was a shitty automatic. I am brainwashed American anyway and I shouldn’t be able to tell the difference right? (Kidding)
I like the DCT. I understand the why I get some of the feedback it produces. But it also does some things that just flat piss me off. If I gave you my car to drive for a week I promise you would be pissed off too! And I am not talking about just the difference between the DCT and regular slush box.