Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risa.Simon View Post
From the extremely helpful Jaclyn:
Although you'll have to pair your phone again once this is complete, I recommend resetting your system.
To do so, press the clock and go through the following menu sequence: SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET
Before pairing your phone again, remove the battery from your device. This will reset the Bluetooth chip.
If you need helping with pairing, check out our support page:
Aww, thanks, Risa.Simon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slconline View Post
I'm having the exact same problem as Risa, all three items exactly as she described, though my phone is an iPhone 4S on AT&T. I have now done a master reset and repaired my phone with the reverse pairing method. Can't remove the battery from the iPhone though. Tried to download directions again and failed again. It worked the first time before I left the dealer, then failed multiple times, worked one more time, has now failed dozens more times. I've had the car two weeks and bought it specifically for the sync system over a Honda. Not happy.
Any more suggestions? Jaclyn, are you still around with some more insights?
Hi, slconline -

I'm still hanging around. Sorry you didn't hear from me yesterday, I've been slammed with iPhone 5 questions. ;)

Since you cannot remove the battery, we recommend resetting your iPhone. (Don't worry you won't lose any settings)To do so, press and hold the home button and sleep button simultaneously, until the Apple logo appears.

Please PM me your VIN or email address so I can confirm your account is set up correctly.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford