kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Its another reason why I can't take the U.S. press very seriously on this issue since they are so quick to laud and then lambast the exact same car.
It's interesting you draw the conclusion you do. I look at the excerpts and it's clear to me. In fact you pointed it out. The car they liked was a preproduction model. The car they didn't was, well, just a different car. That fully supports why so many owners on this forum have "good" cars and so many others have "bad" cars. It's a crap shoot, seemingly dependent on whether you're lucky enough to have a defect-free clutch pack (Dysan911 just reported yet another case of leaking seals requiring a clutch pack replacement - so it wasn't all in his mind after all, imagine that!) and maybe whether the adaptive learning has gotten out of whack (which is why many have reported that unplugging the battery results in a marked improvement).

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The same dry dual clutch DCT was used in the Focus in Australia and other places without the level of complaints hurled at it by those who prefer the slush of a torque converter.
Sorry, gotta laugh everytime you say something like this (which is very often). You obviously had such bad luck with TC autos in the past (your family's multiple old Tauruses etc.) that anything is better than them. I myself have had very good luck with them which I guess is why I come from such a different frame of mind.