Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus is NOT holding value
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #167
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
How do we know the real level of complaints among Australian owners? This forum is populated almost exclusively by Americans and Canadians. Australians are pretty exotic and rare (and welcome) on this forum. I expect if they have complaints they want to voice there are local options they may prefer. Plus, we have had unhappy owners check-in from at least Australia and South Africa, so all is not rosy elsewhere.

I just don't think we should conclude North Americans are chronic complainers or are unable to appreciate the DCT's sophistication based on how few unhappy owners from elsewhere check-in here.
Dan, I think Suss was mainly talking about Auto Blogs and media outlets... how, its just been the NA press that have been slamming the DCT overall... (when they were rejoicing it before the production model was even released)... I find it odd as well, since we know other global markets get the EXACT same DCT tranny as well.

And the "Mexican" comments earlier are laughable at best, since VW and others have been making entire cars there for years now (even exporting them back to the Fatherland) without issue.....
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)