Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #11
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
This was my 2nd trip in this time with check engone light and only mild failure of shifting, the first time I lost 3 forward gears and reverse.
Now that is not normal, nor within the scope of DCT-AT differences. This is what worries me is that Ford is not paying enough attention to the people who have real problems because of all the ones who don't have problems but think that they do. I've seen that situation more than once on this board, and so far as I can tell the best thing to do is to work with our FCS resource here.

Then we move on to the issue that I'm sure you know well- you have to be able to replicate the problem. Driving in sport mode shouldn't cause any problems, and that's definitely not a "shudder". Nobody on here has reported a CEL due to the shuddering, nor have there been any reports of missing gears from what I've read. We've had a couple of failed internal bearings, and some ridiculous upshift problems, but not failure to shift into gear.

Look at it this way- you're under warranty as it is, so if you think sport mode was causing your problems then put it to the test. 2 things will happen: you won't have any more problems, or you'll figure out how to replicate the problem you did have so you can have it diagnosed under warranty. The last thing I'd think you'd want to do is to treat the car with kid gloves so that it survives until after the warranty expires. If there's some sort of physical (not software) problem with the transmission, then it would be good to get it taken care of now.

I know...... if I were in your boat I'd find it hard to resist being tender with the car so that I wouldn't end up ragging it out so that it did die off just after warranty. That's a toss of the coin- I know. It's hard to tell which way is the right way to treat the situation.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.