Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Head work
Thread: Head work
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 04:43 AM   #14
VEGAS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75680
What I Drive: 2007 Focus

FF Reputation: 4 VEGAS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i put a whole 2.3L engine in car, However the head is same.. Intake bolts right up. To be honest I cannot see porting heads on a 2.0L doing much of anything. reason to port a head is for making more power with more air flow but so much is restrictive, mainly with turbo or something like that where the benefits of smooth is needed for air speed, your not going to do anything in way of making more power if you are just porting your heads.

here is a good tech post on it..

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/eng...g/viewall.html

with our engines and no tune or other advances your looking at what, 2 or 3 hp? you might gain more out of swapping your plugs our for AR-103s or something more simple.

if you just wanna kill time or have more planned by all means head down the yellow brick road.

I think your better off saving your $ and just getting something more. Even if you have a guy to do the work free, a port and polish needs a new valves to be done right , the Valves and other items will still cost $200+ when done or more.