Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Focus Electric Owners!
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #10
Spare
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 98139
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Electric

Points 225, Level 4
Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4 Points: 225, Level: 4
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Spare Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
"When you drive the 83 mile trip, what kind of roads and speeds are you doing?"

I drive with the AC on, but not on automatic, I set the temperature to 72 and the fan to 2 notches from the lowest setting. Radio on and inevitably several telephone calls and text messages. (I love SYNC!!!) I drive on Route US1, Route 4 and I-95 from Newport to Providence, with a few stop lights but mostly an older 4 lane highway. I set my speed at 60 mph and use cruise control. I stop in Providence for app 1 hour, but cannot charge. I leave from Providence and drive to Westerly, RI on I-95. This is when I get the best mileage. 60 mph, cruise control, no stop lights. I always end up with 7-12 miles left on the battery.

I purchased the car in NY and drove it home to RI - 186 miles. Three charges and longest leg was 91 miles. Now that was a great demonstration of range.

When you buy this car you will develop a level of usage relavent to how far you have to go. It is a great commuter car. My car will probably never leave the "Island" again. I could drive to Boston and areas, but why sweat it. I drive throughout RI and am satisfied with that. Last month my wife and I drove to NY, we took our gasser. I probably drive over 90 miles in a single trip 4-5 times per year. I am not so "religious" that I can't get in my nice Avalon and drive those trips and stop into a gas station 4-5 times per year. LOL In the past three months I have put 6000 miles on my FFE and perhaps 1000 miles on my gasser.

I hope I have been helpful to you. Good luck in your future car purchases....