Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Calling all 2012 focus members with a five speed manual transmission
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #34
hel112570
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104067
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 hel112570 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Mine does the same thing it's definitely noticeable on a cold start and takeoff. It does it about the exact same spot every morning.

Other issues:

I've also noticed the absurd amount of rev hang it has in between shifts. The rpms will stay high for about 2-3 seconds, this is especially bad when I have the throttle opened up.

Another thing I have noticed is a knocking coming from the left side of the car near the bottom of engine. When I engage the clutch it goes away and when I let it out it comes right back. It's easily reproduced.

Last thing, if tapping the throttle in between 2-3k rpm i.e. give it enough gas at idle to make reach 3k and then let off and when it hits 2k give a quick burst, it sounds like a diesel tractor. Funny enough my motorcycle also did the same thing before the engine went. If I watch the tachometer I can see it jitter when the idles drop back down after giving it the burst of throttle. It doesn't jitter more than 2 or 3 hundred rpms, but it most definitely there. I've only got 11K on the car.

Any thoughts?