Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus is NOT holding value
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #137
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
If it is your opinion that there was nothing wrong with the Mazda 3 why didn't you buy one instead?
Quite simply ... I liked the looks of the Focus better ... the equivalent 3 was $3500-4000 more (at the time), I wanted to buy American this time since I thought their reliability (at least Ford's) had improved to the point where they equalled or challenged the imports ( LOL ... I was wrong about that), and I had driven and liked the handling of the Focus several times since they were released.

Had I been more familiar with this forum ... I probably would have gone with the 3 even at the higher cost. There's a reason that Ford has to heavily incentivize these cars ... because at equal prices ... they don't stand a chance against the imports (if they could compete value-wise... then why incentivize them so heavily ?).

When I bought my Focus ... it was the 'Perfect Storm' of sticker discounts (almost $1000), dealer discounts (almost $1000), incentives ($2250), finance rates, trade-in values, and package configurations (Sport Pkg).

The Focus is a good little economy car ... but it's certainly not the panacea that some here try to make it out to be. I guess I'm just more realistic than most in my assessment, and after owning so many totally trouble free cars from Toyota .... this is a totally new experience for me having to constantly think about getting things 'fixed' time after time.

REV