Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - FSWerks Header? Buy it??
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
04ZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90071
What I Drive: 2004 Black ZX3 D23

FF Reputation: 1 04ZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TritonX4 View Post
Well heres what I'm gonna do.. I'll go ahead and get the header since its on sale and by time it gets here I'm gonna look around town to see if I find a shop that tunes headers. As far as the flex pipe goes I don't think I'm gonna get it, its an additional $100 and I'm already using the stock flex pipe on my 2'5 inch exhaust so I don't think its gonna make a difference now with the header on the other end. Hows that sound?
The stock flex pipe is welded to the stock manifold. So unless you wanna cut it off and try to make it work then I suggest just buying their flex pipe. I know it's expensive but it's worth it. I think it will save you some headaches later on when you go to install it.

As far as harming your engine and the tune is concerned, the addition of a header I believe requires 10 to 15% more fuel over stock. Don't quote me on that though. It won't harm your motor as long as you don't try to beat up on it. For the tune, you could find a shop to tune it but I rather have someone tune it who has a lot of experience with our car and motors like Tom and Randy

D23 Crew #31