Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - FSWerks Header? Buy it??
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
bedoya_d94
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96169
What I Drive: 2011 Black SES

Points 7,469, Level 57
Points: 7,469, Level: 57 Points: 7,469, Level: 57 Points: 7,469, Level: 57
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 bedoya_d94 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile30 View Post
If you have the loot to cover it today; get it! The tune will help rectify the air and fuel maps within ECU as well as turn that o2 issue off.

You don't have to tune it, but you'll hear a difference in EVERY car with exhaust upgrades once you hear what it does for your own... the tone changes very slightly and the sound of the exhaust sounds more in order that a system that's just got new pipes on it.

Saving a C-note is a pretty compelling reason to do this. Especially since it's already on the punch-list! Save a little money for some tuning; a little dust on the box ain't gonna kill you or the header: and it may motivate you to do side jobs to make the money that much faster!
Well the money isn't a problem, I have a good job now so I can cover that payment in 2 weeks. But I have a couple of stacks I've been saving now just cause I'm not really buying much just paying off bills and what not but something that has always been looking at me in the eye got my attention with the sale. Just wanted to get some advice from my FSWerks fellas. And I agree I've had the FSWERKS exhaust for about 9 months now and I mean the tone sounds great and it sounds loud around 5000-6000 rpms but I always feel like something is missing..

One thing you didn't mention, is in regards the 2" flex pipe and extension, do I need to get that too? Thats almost an additional $100 :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ZX3 View Post
^^^ I agree with this. If you have the cash now, buy the header and appropriate flex pipe and then save up for a tune. When my header was installed, I drove the car a mile back to my house to tune it and it ran like s#%$. I can't imagine running it like that for a month or two. But with the tune, the header is great. Definitely one of favorite mods to date
Well I am only looking at the tuner from FSWERKS, maybe I can find a shop that tunes for cheaper? Mmmm? I mean I do have the money but I dont want to drop $800 cash and I'm trying to keep my credit low atm.. thats why I said but if I see that its a necesity I can definitely save for it and buy it within a couple of weeks. My concern is will it harm the engine at all if its not tuned properly?