Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - FSWerks Header? Buy it??
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
04ZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90071
What I Drive: 2004 Black ZX3 D23

Points 885, Level 15
Points: 885, Level: 15 Points: 885, Level: 15 Points: 885, Level: 15
Level Up 85% Completed
Level up: 85% Level up: 85% Level up: 85%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 04ZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile30 View Post
If you have the loot to cover it today; get it! The tune will help rectify the air and fuel maps within ECU as well as turn that o2 issue off.

You don't have to tune it, but you'll hear a difference in EVERY car with exhaust upgrades once you hear what it does for your own... the tone changes very slightly and the sound of the exhaust sounds more in order that a system that's just got new pipes on it.

Saving a C-note is a pretty compelling reason to do this. Especially since it's already on the punch-list! Save a little money for some tuning; a little dust on the box ain't gonna kill you or the header: and it may motivate you to do side jobs to make the money that much faster!
^^^ I agree with this. If you have the cash now, buy the header and appropriate flex pipe and then save up for a tune. When my header was installed, I drove the car a mile back to my house to tune it and it ran like s#%$. I can't imagine running it like that for a month or two. But with the tune, the header is great. Definitely one of favorite mods to date

D23 Crew #31