Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #459
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
whynot, thanks for your extensive reply and my apologies for not explaining in more detail about my transmission and/or my own work on automobiles, dating back to installing clutches on my 1972 Capri.

I am a former vw gti owner and never had stuttering anywhere close to this degree, no passenger ever noticed a thing, though as a long time sports car fan, I did.

The ford dealer and ford itself have been very honest and upfront in saying they are fielding many complaints about this and at this time, their home office engineers have no "further" fix available (bearing in mind there have been at least two TSB's so far).

In addition there has been at least one recall, which the dealer did for me.

I agree with you that some very mild stutter, and/or low speed indecisiveness is a common trait to all dsg transmissions and that we all have to remember that this is not a fluid based hydraulic automatic.

That being said, the vw gti version of this transmission proves by doing so that even low speed shifts and starts do not have to be so poorly done that your passengers ask what is wrong.

I think Ford is a world class company and will continue to improve this transmission even further than the two TSB's and the recall they have issued.

Thanks again, Steve
Steve, thanks for the clarification. The "recall" was really a Field Service Action and not a recall.