Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Focus Electric Owners!
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spare View Post
Ok.... Here is my bit.... I own a 2012 FFE Platinum White. Delivered 5/29/2012. Consumer order #0001. It is an amazing car.

Dealership - The only problem with the car was the sales staff who told me that I knew more about the car than they did. I purchased in NY and drove it 186 miles home to RI. The service intervals are 20,000 miles so I won't be going to the dealership any time soon. The car teaches you about itself and how to drive efficiently on the highway to maximize your battery performance. The car has an AT&T cellular link to Ford so if anything is wrong they tell me on my website - www.myfordmobile.com. To date I have not had one problem.

Electric Range Anxiety. The new American Psychiatric Disorder. I use this car everyday and put on 400 miles a week.. I drive over 100 miles or longer on a single trip about 5 times per year. I still have my gasser for such events. In three months I have been to the gas station 3 times. (Last week I drove to upstate NY, in my gasser, and filled twice.) For the other 360 days of the year I comfortabley drive my FFE all over the place and am saving, on average, about $250.00 per month in fuel costs. There is no Electric Range Anxiety in my house.

In RI there is one public charging station. Very low infastructure. I charge at home and at work. However, in my small state I can drive border to border and get home. I call it the Island Car...

Stories... My best deal/story is the National Grid Electric Company (our electric utility). Before I bought the car, I called Nat Grid and asked them about off peak rates. They said there were none. I told them I have an electric car coming. They took my email and passed it on. 1 week later they called and asked if I would put a smartmeter in my home and offered me a free EVSE. I accepted. My electric company installed a smartmeter, upgraded my barn power panel and wiring and gave me a Charge Point EVSE. Easy $4,000.00 installation. Their goal is to read the smartmeter and Charge Point info so they could plan for the future. Now that's a nice trade.

Sales of the EVSE are slow. It is a process. We are the pioneers on the block. There is no question this will be one of a mix of vehicles people will purchase in the future. Will it be like the cellphone, probably not, but it is here to stay and will get remarkably better. If you have the need, it is a perfect fit for someone like me. And, I congratulate Ford on producing a spectacular vehicle. It is sporty, refined, safe and effortless to adopt to.
What is a typical range for you on a full charge?