Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Pedal covers
Thread: Pedal covers
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #47
Linchpin
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103384
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Linchpin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood125 View Post
Why Ford would make some this nice for the Fiesta and not Focus is irratating though. Hope the ST will bring some options in near future.
No kidding! What gives? Ford offers options like this for all their models, even their trucks, except the Focus. The first thing I missed in my new 2012 Focus Titanium is a solid feeling dead pedal. My 2001 ZX-3 had an OK dead pedal. At least it had one. I thought there wasn't one at all in my 2012 Ti until I realized there was badly fit carpet under my left foot where there is a quasi-dead pedal shelf. To me a good solid dead pedal is one of my most important points of connection with suspension especially with 18" high performance tires and sports suspension. I made a dead pedal out of 1/8 alumimum sprayed painted with black truck liner and stuck to the carpet with Velcro. It has a good feel and blends well with the carpet. Best of all it, costs less than $15 to make. If anyone is interested I will post the template with photos and instructions.