Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How To: Disconnect Center-Speaker on Sony 9 Speaker System
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #22
Gemini8026
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94704
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Sedan (Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 Gemini8026 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thread Bump.....

Tried this out,

it made an improvement. I noticed right away the "harshness" that others have described is now gone. I cant see how that cheap little mono speaker benefitted the sound system. I am an audiophile in my own way (mid range guy) and my ear can discern the finer poitns of higher end setups. My last car had a really clean install featuring Boston Acoutics SC60 components up front, and two sealed JL 12" woofers in the back (just the W0 series, but still sounded great) The bostons were seeing 200 watts RMS each and the subs saw 400 watts combined. It sounded great and tight, and no this ford system cant touch that, but Im not in the mood to gut out the Mytouch and spend all the time and money to put in a higher end system....

Either way, to those complaining about their system, at least do an A and B comparison. In my experienced ears, I noticed a nice improvement :)

My only hiccup is that I damaged one of the plastic tabs when reinserting the grill, I bent it, and not sure if the plastic will hold or not, but I could have pulled it off, and its one of the 4 securing "snap" pillars to keep the grill in place. Oops :o No major deal though, its fairly strong plastic and was still holding despite being bent pretty good.