Old 09-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
Jamsen
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 69470
What I Drive: 2002 Black Ford Focus 1.4

FF Reputation: 1 Jamsen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Car won't start and DTC dash code says 9318

Hello everyone, I'm hoping you can help me with this annoying problem.

I tried to start my 02 Focus 1.4 the other day and it just won't start, I can hear it turning over like it wants to but never does. The first try of the day it usually fires but promptly dies. I don't use the car much too much but I've recently just came back from a 500mile round trip and it was fine. I've got about half a tank of petrol and all the electricals in the car work (radio, air and lights).

So far I've conducted as many tests as I can and I've checked that i have no blown fuses. When I turn the key to position II I can't hear the fuel pump which got me worrying it could be that :(

However today I checked the dash test DTC code and noticed that it says 9318 (which is low battery voltage < 10v). But oddly enough the voltage on the dash test comes back 11.8.

Does this sound like a bad battery? It's probably only 16 months old if that, but like I said I don't use the car much, maybe once a week at best. I can't get the car going so I can't take it to a garage and I have no one to help jump it. Bit of a pickle :(

Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Many thanks.