Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - The magical adventures of SCT
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
ViperThreat
Dat boxer rumble

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

Points 7,658, Level 58
Points: 7,658, Level: 58 Points: 7,658, Level: 58 Points: 7,658, Level: 58
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
FF Reputation: 9 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Update: sorry its late, alot has been going on lately.

I used an xcal because that is what Tom sold me. Im not an expert in the field, so i took what I was told should do the job.

Anyhow, SCT finally got ahold of a PCM and sent it to me. Thus far the new PCM has worked, and though it hasn't been 100%, the X3 has been working about 70% of the time, which i guess is to be expected with the SVT PCM.

SCT did resolve the issue, and for that I am grateful, but I will say that the level of communication on the support end was very disappointing. 3-4 hour hold times, emails not replied too for days, etc. As a support rep myself, when I have an open or pending issue, I never let that issue go for more than 48 hours without contacting the client with some sort of update, even if its as silly as "sorry for the wait, we are still working on it".

Any contact or answers felt like they had to be forced out of SCT, and the simple fact that my car had been disabled for upwards of 2 months due to SCT's failure is enough for me to say that the whole experience was less than pleasant.

So for a review, I can honestly say that given the choice, I will not buy SCT again. I dont dislike SCT, but In the case of such a vital part of my car, I need support that is both proactive and communicative.

"Ford Focus ST - the official car of message-board circle-jerks"
-Regular Car Reviews