Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2.3 head swap (winter project)
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
Barrow88
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91009
What I Drive: 10' Black SES, 02' Boosted ZX3

Points 932, Level 16
Points: 932, Level: 16 Points: 932, Level: 16 Points: 932, Level: 16
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 Barrow88 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
2.3 head swap (winter project)

Well as the title states my winter project is doing a 2.3 head swap. I have already purchased a used head from fociboy03 and some Supertech +1mm flat head valves from MikeF2D. My other items I still need to get are Crower Stage 2 Cams for the 08+ along with the valve springs, a 2.3 IM either the one Tom has (if he still has it once I go to purchase one), a real cossie or knockoff depending on the funds or I was looking at the Weapon R not sure on which one yet, also some machine work on the head to get the new valves fitted and probably some other work, also already talked to Tom and he recommended getting some 36# injectors so I'm in the market for some of those also.

Anything I should get along with these items or anything I forgot? On the machine work should I go with a 4-Angle valve job (I read somewhere on here the heads already have a 3-Angle job from the factory), should I get the head decked/milled (not sure on how much to get taken off just want to make sure im going to have good valve to piston clearance), and would it be worth it to do a port and polish or should i just get it polished and possibly with a gasket match?

Build Thread: Already Built... For Now