Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - ST, WRX, MS3 or Genesis 2.0t?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #16
Michael_Price1990
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101650
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow SVTFocus. Infiniti FX35

FF Reputation: 1 Michael_Price1990 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Had a WRX. takes turns like a boss! i couldn't believe how hard it was to lose control in that car. people say "you don't drive it, You aim it" its badass on the curves, and amazing off road. as far as driving on the beach and dirt and what not. wont climb rocks of course. but its a great car in the snow as well. but straights? not a sports car. got my ass handed to me many times by real sports cars. could beat my racing buddys around tracks and neighborhoods but if they wanted to pass me up on a highway. i didn't have a choice in the say so. and to mod it up to compete with true sports cars youll need to dump alot of cash compared to focus mods.

But its a hell of a lot faster than a stock focus. im turning mine into a kit car.. otherwise id still have my subie.i miss it. but i need a truck. so this is the only way my wife will let me keep a sports car. transforming my focus into a circuit car, which is also 100% street legal in the US. and getting a truck as a daily. she drives a prius.

just an idea. is your focus paid for? starting at 8,000$ you could transform it into this! and itd be faster then all the cars you listed due to weight. 1,200 pounds. im guessing mine will do 0-60 in 3.2 sec range with the JRSC. of course. a regular focus.. would need... much much more..

if you want an idea of how that kit car will drive. check out top gears take on the car. this is based off of the ariel atom they are driving in the video. they make many types now. if you go turbo you can match the power in the video easily. but its out of my budget. an additional 4,000$ ish with a tune.
im happy with a $15,000 car that will run with vetts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v4YNkurhLk
not sure what year this was recorded. it was the seconded fastest car they ever ran!

2003 SVT Focus
205+ HP
JRSC