Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - End of the "Ranger" in North America.Good or bad news for Ford?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #82
MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazingo View Post
You're really out arguments.English is not even my first language. You made a comment that made no sense at all and replied in the same fashion anyone here would have done. I'm not the only one who question some of Ford's decisions. And I won't stop because you find some kind of logic with it. It's obvious that Ford is putting all their eggs in one basket with the F-150.This may work on the short term ,but the day gas prices will radically rise again people will let go of the full size trucks.
The day gas prices radically rise again? Huh?

Are we living in the same world? Gas prices have been higher for a long time now.

Do you honestly think people who need trucks will suddenly stop buying them just cause its 10 more dollars a tank? No. They need the truck they will get it.

You know who gets forced away by high gas prices? the casual truck buyers who buy them for no reason and never, not once, get the truck beds scratched or the truck itself beaten and battered because they don't actually use it.

Thats not a bad thing, make all the morons buy vehicles that actually fit their needs instead of buying an F150 just for the sake of having one.

And whats the point of a Ranger when a F150 doesn't cost more then 25k and gets decent mileage and more importantly can out haul and out tow a Ranger? Where is the logic in introducing a smaller truck that won't be cheaper but has worse specs? for the 'casual' truck user?

Like I said before, rent a truck and buy a car you actually need.

Funny, my comments only are confusing to you as everyone else here is doing a fine job keeping the debate going...but moving on from that...

The Ranger in North America was dead weight and Ford gutted it. You have a problem? Go take your business elsewhere cause you are free to.

Ford obviously had no problem giving up the 50k a year and decreasing sales and shifted their R/D towards the F150 which makes more sense. The truck can be had with 3 V6 based engines and 2 V8 based ones, all 5 which give pretty respectable fuel economy wrapped up in very configurable design - like all trucks out there right now. You'll notice that Dodge killed the Dakota too; Sergio Marchionne even stated that the declining popularity of small trucks in North America is why they won't replace the Dakota with anything. So it isn't just Ford who got wise.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!