Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Where are the 5-speeds????
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #104
gsrcrxsi
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103577
What I Drive: not a Focus

FF Reputation: 1 gsrcrxsi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yes, im HERE regarding her car.

she doesnt know any better. thats what im getting at lol. shes complacent with the current setup and she still has the new car googly eyes, but shes owned a nissan 350z (got totalled, rear ended) and driven my car and the new corvette, so she can appreciate upgrades of this nature im sure.

shes onboard with me looking into future upgrades (already expressed interest in new wheels and suspension), shes not down with the whole car forum thing lol. and she knows that i just like working on cars in general and can make a solid decision on what will be right for her. i have a close friend who is a reg on this board who referred me and is a source of focus knowledge (as i am a source of suby knowledge for his wife's impreza). ive driven her car, and ive driven many cars. im not "complaining", just giving my honest input that the tranny/clutch is meh and lackluster. its akin to driving a newer honda civic. thats my opinion. like it or dont like it. but i thought this was a discussion about the 5-speeds? im sorry if i struck a nerve, but thats not my intention, im not trying to spark some suby vs focus debate lol.

some things can be corrected im sure, and id like to just get a bit of info regarding that. like i said above, im curious what the ST feels like. and id also like to feel a focus with the STS and RMM before considering it. btw, which mount is which in the above photo? i assume the round one is the MS3 one?

sure the light clutch may be a personal preference, but the whole setup screams econo (cause it is, hell even my wrx is an econo box with a turbo) and doesnt give much in the way of feedback.