Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Debadged my new 2012 Focus SE Sport
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #25
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo64 View Post
I think this topic has come full circle.

Some like debadging, while others don't. It's a personal choice...your car...your money.

I guess that we are lucky that there is just some tape holding the emblems on. you can remove them with no permanent damage (no holes) and then slap them back on if you get tired of the debadged look or when you trade-in/sale your Focus.

I do wish that the current Focus emblem was in a font like this. I don't like the current font.

Let's end this discussion on something we can all agree on: These two "custom" emblems look kinda' stupid. However, as I stated above, it's your car...your money.

I like the badge that looks like it was hand written rather than just flat text or the ugly badging on the second gen us cars. I'm not fond of that font.

But then I liked knowing from the book about the 1996 Ford Taurus how it was the signature of one of the designers that was used for the badge, but I was maybe 10 or so by the time I'd read the book and found that out.

Oh well to each his or her own. But yes those custom edition/limited edition stickers are useless.