Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Our ST vs Euro ST
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #22
bcschaff
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 29944
What I Drive: 2003 Focus. Red. SVT.

FF Reputation: 4 bcschaff Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
If you grab a dealer brochure, it shows them much better than those pictures. They do take standard bulbs in the usual locations as you pointed out, but there are two horizontal LED strips in each light, located underneath the clear portion (reverse/turn).
I did a little digging (because I was curious and want to put the LED taillights in my ST3) and the Focus Electric taillights have a different taillight carrier harness but the connector that plugs into the car is identical to the standard 2013 Focus. Both are 5 wire, I think it's believable that this could be a plug and play swap. New Ford Taillights would come with the new carrier harness and I would expect them be in the $500-$600 range for a pair when they go into production in February 2013... If you could buy them today they could be had for $415 but I expect the prices to climb over the next few months as they get closer to being available.