Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Making my own mesh grill
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #23
hurtinfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 835
What I Drive: 03 SVT (RS conversion)

Points 10,045, Level 66
Points: 10,045, Level: 66 Points: 10,045, Level: 66 Points: 10,045, Level: 66
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 4 hurtinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
I'm just saying...... (I just googled for a pic)

see how there is the gap from the top of the grill to the hood? this is usually overlooked because it is done on purpose to follow the design of the grille while giving you comfortable access to the latch when the hood must be popped. That gap is not there on the euro grilles which is why when people install euro grilles they have to notch the top of them to allow access to the latch mechanism

All I'm saying is since you haven't modified the perimeter of the grill frame, it's still going to have that 1/4" +/- gap at that top to the hood. If the perimeter frame was cut and lengthened to be flush to the hood, the headlights, AND the bumper.....it would be a killer end result.

Not trying to bash, just trying to provide the details of my own experience and where I felt I fell short when I did mine.