revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
But one of the big things that makes the focus desirable is the nice bells and whistles you can add and still have an affordable car.
Then you just gotta live with the huge loss .... if you're keeping the car ... it shouldn't matter one way or the other. If you're way upside down on a big-buck loaded model ... you'll have no choice but to keep it for a decent amount of time anyway.

As nice as the car is ... I can't see owning it for more than about 4 years. I just can't see the reliability being there given the multitude of problems that it's having from day one.

My suspension was 'fixed' once ... now it's making the same noise from the other side. No sense taking it back for more work ... they obviously don't know what's causing it ... and they can't fix it yet. It is kind of ridiculous that Ford can't figure out this suspension thing. I'm guessing that they hope most people won't (or don't) notice it, and therefore it's not worth throwing a lot of money at it to find the real problem.

I'd bet if they put 4 Ford master technicians on it ... they could figure out the suspension clunking issue in a week or less. Hard to believe they haven't done that .... and if they have ... then their 'master technicians' aint so masterful.

REV