Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - For Sale: Blue LED interior conversion(s)
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #70
starfuryt550
I Speed Often.

Fan#: 18440
What I Drive: Audi S4, Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 starfuryt550 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (57)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarlson56 View Post
This is awesome, I was wondering after the how-to where they sanded the faces off and repainted if there was an easier way to do these in blue.

I have a 2002 SVT and am looking to convert all of my buttons because I recently bought some gauge conversions from speedhut. Do you have a link to where you are getting your LED's? Also, can you PM me with your PDF's about how to do this? Just wondering with my experience if it would be worth it to try myself or if I should just buy from you. Haven't done a ton of soldering work but I do like the DIY projects and knowing that I put the work in.

Thanks
For the gauges, non SVT, there is really no other way to do it other than what you stated and keep the stock faceplate. You can just swap it with one from SpeedHut for like $70, but generally they look like crap at night due to weird lighting, from what I've seen and heard.

For the SVT, since it is reverse-glow, you'd need an inverter and other things possibly to make the gauges light up like the standard gauges. I think your best bet for the SVT gauges is metal-monkey.co.uk. They make awesome stainless steel plates in white, silver, and black, with your choice of colors and can customize your faceplate. It's around ~$115 plus shipping to start.

Which PDFs were you looking to see??