Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How to escalating a service problem the dealer refuses to resolve
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
xpartmgr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96709
What I Drive: 2012 White Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 xpartmgr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrboy View Post
This issue with the service departments giving people the run around reminds of a time that a good friend of mine purchased a used Hyundai Accent from a "good friend" of hers. The car would simply turn off when driving, either by streets or highway, she called up her friend that sold the car, and she of course was shocked that this was happening. Yeah right!.
She took the car in at two different Hyundai dealerships and they could not find the issue, nor replicate the problem. Each dealership charged her a fee for diagnosing the problem, but of course they could not find anything wrong with the car. She called me up in tears because she couldn't trust the car anymore to take her to work or simply do errands. I told her to meet up with me and I would take her to my Hyundai mechanic that I knew would be able to fix the issue. We drove over to the dealership, and the mechanic took a look at the vehicle and I swear within 5 minutes figured out there was an issue with a part on the car, that he would replace free of charge. He said it was a recall item that was causing the car to turn off during driving. My friend was beside herself and couldn't believe how quickly and professionally this person dealt with her issue and resolved her problem in a couple of minutes.

Long story short, it doesn't matter what make or model you have, if you have a crappy dealership who doesn't care about its products you are going to run into this everywhere. There has to be a solution to your problem, and there has to be a Ford mechanic out there that actually cares about the cars and the people that drive them. What we should do as a community is list the mechanics and dealerships that truly care, and let us bring our business to them.
What a great idea! It would be nice to know if a dealer would be able/willing to help before we waste our time just to get another 'normal operation' work order.