MyThIc3LiTe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95163
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 4 MyThIc3LiTe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
I've never understood people who focus so fiercely on resale value of a car. What is the point? You are losing money no matter what you do.

People who buy cars based off how much they can get for them in 4 years are quite frankly, idiots.

They can go ahead and waste the money and realize how pointless it is.

I can't help but laugh when friends and family and even salesmen focus on resale value.

I don't give a damn what I can get for it in 4 years, I care how good of a purchase it is at the time. Case in point, my cousin bought a 2008 Civic. He loves it, even I like it; it has ran well since then and never given a headache. I think its better than the current gen Civics as well. The bonus is that his resale value given its a Civic will be higher, but he doesn't care.

The 2012 Civic has a higher resale value simply because it is a Civic but that doesn't mean its suddenly a better buy.

If you pay with cash or finance like I did - deal with it. You are going to be shitting value the second you turn it on.

If you lease and flip cars every 3-4 years then resale value means nothing to you anyways.

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com
If you live in Edmonton, AB I would be more then happy to do a shoot with you!