Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus is NOT holding value
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #83
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulDulceFocus View Post
I don't know about that. I went to the Ford dealership and intended to trade in my "12 Focus for the new "13 Escape, and they were only going to give me $13,000 for my car, and my car is in excellent condition. On the other hand, I bought mine for $23,400 (minus rebates and incentives). Outragous, thats over a $10,000 difference. I said, "I don't think so"!! I'm perfectly happy with my Focus but I did like the extra utility of the new Escape which is why I contemplated getting it. Oh well, maybe something will come around in the future, but now I intend to just stay with my "12 Focus until I pay it off, and then see what I do after that depending how the car holds until then.

Exactly...ran into the same thing when trying to trade on a GTI ($6500 hit there). The answer was also no....

There seems to be a large delta between kbb/edmunds and the real world. A magazine can crow all they want about resale of a given car, but that doesn't match our experiences. I doubt that we'll be seeing 63% value after 3 years, even if we sell privately. While I hope that will be the case, there are too many of these cars in the rental fleets already, substantial rebates, etc.

Sadly, though they are good cars, they are still commodity cars...