Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Focus Observations
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #30
mmmfloorpie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72039
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic SE

Points 112, Level 2
Points: 112, Level: 2 Points: 112, Level: 2 Points: 112, Level: 2
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 mmmfloorpie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-Heli View Post
A couple of other things:

2013 has integrated turn signals on the forward side of the rear view mirrors (on the SE trim, at least).

SE Sport Cloth Interior is no longer available.

Rear parking sensors are now an option on 2013 SE.

Interior trunk release was added (at least on SE and above).

Piano Black Grilles, Disc Brakes, and Fog Lights are only available on the SE with Appearance Package (and above).
I don't know. I was looking at new 2013 pictures on a local dealer's site and all the SEs had matte black grilles.

Then I checked the Ford Canada and USA sites and there is no mention of piano black grilles in the SE appearance package. On the USA site it says "grille, black" and for the Ti it says "grille, piano black". So no more piano black grilles on the SE.

That's a huge deal breaker for me. Those matte black ones are gross and look cheap (no offense to anyone with them).

I too am very disappointed with the packaging changes. Sure, maybe there were too many options/trim with the 2012 (ie the SEL) but they've taken too much away just to shoe horn people into a base SE or a fully loaded Ti.

Yes, getting rid of the SEL was a good idea when I first read about it.

But I assumed that they would be keeping the SE Sport package which basically put the SE in SEL territory.

Also, what's with making people spend $2500 just to get foglights? That's crazy. I thought Ford has been making fog lights essentially standard equipment (except on maybe the S) on all their models?

And even with the SE appearance pack, now you are forced into getting the MFT. Maybe people don't want the much maligned system just to get fog lights!

To add salt to the wounds, now there's no rain sensing wipers, auto dimming mirror nor garage door opener. All things that someone like moi notice and use on a daily basis (esp the garage door opener).

Not impressed Ford.