View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
svtf1417
MOAR BEWST!!!!

Fan#: 58428
What I Drive: 2001 ZTS, 2002 SVTF Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 6 svtf1417 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I know its not physically overheating. When I stop or drive through the city it gets worse and it heats up faster after the fans shut off.
I was cruising on the highway like I said previously at 70-75 and my oil pressure slowly started dropping, and got all the way to 30psi. I slowed down and turned my heat on full blast to help cool it and my oil pressure went up 2-4 psi. Where I was they have stop lights on the highway, and I got stopped at one close to my girlfriends house and my oil pressure was all the way down to 10psi. I should have stopped right there, but I limped it through town (max speed is only 25) for another few minutes to her house and when I pulled in i could hear a faint knocking noise.

I shut it off and let it cool off completely. Went outside and started it and it makes a very noticeable knocking noise for a split second until it build oil pressure which was normal for it being cold and it goes away. As the car warms up just sitting idling, at about 150-160 you can hear that faint knocking noise starting again. If I blip the throttle its more noticeable and its not the lifters.

Im not at all happy that it only lasted a season, and failed under normal driving conditions of all things. I just figured you all might have had some insight on how to keep this from happening again
[#1417] 2002 Sonic Blue SVT Focus
Born on June 25, 2002

2001 Silver ZTS Sedan - "Ol' Reliable"