Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - ST Spotting......
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #9
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I might have to go test drive one, you know, for comparison purposes :D :D

The sticker price on mine was $21,699 I think. Sticker on the ST2's are in the $25,500 range. I bought on A-Plan, which got me a $17,015 purchase price. No idea what the A-Plan sticker price, or if the dealerships locally would have even let an ST go on an A-Plan sale. So, Assuming there is a $8k difference between what I paid for my '12 203A SE, and a '13 ST2, thats about 68k miles of fuel at 30mpg, and $3.50/gal.

With that said, it's still a sharp looking car, and I bet a ton a fun to drive. I do about 1,800 miles a month which isn't terrible, but it's a good deal of time in the car. The extra power from the ST would be appreciated and used on some of the short entrance ramps I traverse daily. The power is about the only thing I miss from driving our '06 Audi on a daily basis. The 2.0T from the Audi just seems to have "torque everywhere" as compared to the NA 2.0 in the Focus that needs it's revs to make power. I'm betting the ST is more like the Audi in that regard.

I am a little curious how I'll do this winter with bad weather. This is the first time in 15 years I haven't owned a 4WD or AWD vehicle for every driver in the house! Wife gets the Quattro equipped Audi, I get to learn to drive a FWD car in the snow. Luckily the worst snow we've had in the last 2-3yrs has been only a few inches, and was gone by the evening commute home.

ANYWAY.....Back on subject here.....I'll try to snap a picture this afternoon if it's there. I'm guessing it to be a students car, but there are a few businesses on campus as well, so it might be an employee's.