Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Focus Observations
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #29
engine ear
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5447
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 engine ear Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Must of been complaints from older folks not being able to read them.
I've been a licensed optician for many years and here's what comes in my offices...Most everyone over wears their contacts to some extent, some more than others...those would be the under 30 crowd. They wait until the problem gets so bad that they have to admit to over wear(duh, your eyes are swollen shut and red!)and when the Dr. tells them they can't be helped until their cue balls for eye balls have to heal, which can take weeks AND, the fee is $50-$125 for each follow up visit AND they have no back up glasses(why would I need glasses, I have CONTACT LENSES)AND, no, I can't give you trial lenses to wear because you've ruined your eyes for the next few weeks because you've worn the same 2 week disposable lenses for a month and never took them out...they become rather violent/hostile/unwieldy. These MIGHT be some of the people you mention in your post about
Quote:
The fuel and temp gauges also have larger text.
. Cuz when ones eyes are swollen shut from lack of common sense, they can't see the DASHBOARD let alone the little tiny teeny hash marks warning them they're approaching redline. Yeah, they drive to my offices in that condition.

You see, older people come in just about every year for a new exam and eyewear. When things get a little fuzzy...they don't call the car manufacturers to make text bigger( I can see it on the news now.."Older generation surrounds GM headquarters...demands BIGGER TEXT!!NOW!!).

Another rant from a getting "older" Focus guy with fuzzy vision. I just felt like spouting off. Don't read too much into this...hopefully, one day, you'll find out.
Peace, brothers.