Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Hatchback Sport - Changing stock speakers
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #28
focusstu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103157
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus S 5MT

FF Reputation: 2 focusstu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulDulceFocus View Post
UPDATE: I ended up getting Infinity 6502ix speakers instead of those Pioneer's I mentioned. They sound much better. It's been a blast driving this car with these speakers since I got them instead of the stock speakers. The sound is so crisp and clear, but it is still missing that good bass the SEL/Ti models have from the Sony sound system. The bass on the Infinity's still aren't bad. I may contemplate getting a subwoofer for my car in the future. The Kicker "12's sound very good and enjoyed them.

Note: The stock receiver in the Focus isn't as good at delivering the power to the speakers as other receivers can. Even the Fiesta receiver with DSP sound was better. Swapping out the stock receiver in the Focus would only open a who new can of worms and cause problems as everything in the car is tied to that receiver including Sync, and all the steering wheel audio controls. So, I'll just have to live with this thing.
Did you have any trouble fitting the speakers? Crutchfield says that they don't fit because the tweeter sticks up too high. I was considering Infinity 6032si because they have a shallower mount and the tweeter does not stick up as high.