Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus SE Hatchback Sport - Changing stock speakers
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #27
AzulDulceFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94680
What I Drive: 2013 Tux Blk Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 AzulDulceFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulDulceFocus View Post
I successfully changed my stock speakers today for 2 pairs of Pioneer TS-A1674R 3-way speakers (at $59 a pair). Needless to say, the sound is much much improved. I can actually hear the high and low frequencies again and sounds so crisp. I didn't trash the stock speakers, I just cut the wires and installed the new ones. If I decide to trade this car, those stock speakers might go back (or maybe not). Having better sound just makes this car so much funner to drive now.
UPDATE: I ended up getting Infinity 6502ix speakers instead of those Pioneer's I mentioned. They sound much better. It's been a blast driving this car with these speakers since I got them instead of the stock speakers. The sound is so crisp and clear, but it is still missing that good bass the SEL/Ti models have from the Sony sound system. The bass on the Infinity's still aren't bad. I may contemplate getting a subwoofer for my car in the future. The Kicker "12's sound very good and enjoyed them.

Note: The stock receiver in the Focus isn't as good at delivering the power to the speakers as other receivers can. Even the Fiesta receiver with DSP sound was better. Swapping out the stock receiver in the Focus would only open a who new can of worms and cause problems as everything in the car is tied to that receiver including Sync, and all the steering wheel audio controls. So, I'll just have to live with this thing.