Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - ST Spotting......
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,574, Level 65
Points: 9,574, Level: 65 Points: 9,574, Level: 65 Points: 9,574, Level: 65
Level Up 75% Completed
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kwik4u View Post
I was |..| that close to waiting for the ST to come out and before I plunked down the cash on my new Focus. I needed to make the deal happen and have the car in hand before class started, and even more so, wanted to have a few weeks of driving on it before that. I also wasn't sure I wanted to spend the $25k sticker price as compared to the $17k I gave for my 203A/SE model. $8k buys a lot of mods and a lot of miles in fuel at 30mpg.

I come out of class this afternoon, and whats parked right beside me?!?! A pretty BRAND NEW black ST. First time I've seen one in person, and I'm not sure who's driving it. There are only about 250 +/- students in my program, so I should be able to track him/her down somewhat easily. Had temp tags on the back, and a sticker from Carriage Ford in Clarksvile, IN. Had the MFT in the dash, and a moonroof, I'm not up on the option packages, but I think that's the top fo the line. What a nice looking car! I'm going to try to find the owner and see about a "personal test drive" :D :D....although I doubt he/she'll go for it. I'll get a picture tomorrow assuming the owner has Tuesday/Thursday classes.

Moral of the story....I'm starting to wonder if I should have waited?!?!
Its maybe an ST2, definitely not the top of the line since there is an ST3 with HIDs, and full leather Recaro seats, not just the two tone cloth/ leather recaros.