Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Power Steering Failure on brand new 2012 Focus
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #95
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKarma View Post
I have also been getting the "Steering Assist Fault" error message on my 2012 Focus :( I got it a 2-3 times (always when I first started the car) but it went away after a restart. Last Wednesday morning I got into my car to go to work and the power steering was completely out. I had it towed to the dealership and that is where it has sat ever since. It's been a week. I have yet to get even one call from them!! I called the day after I dropped it off and was assured that the part was ordered and would be in by 2pm that day (Thursday 8/22). I call every other day and get the same story..."waiting on the part." This is my first focus and I was so excited about it. I just wish I could get my car back already. It's costing me $12+ per day for the rental with the rental coverage through the warranty. Not to mention that my rental is an Impala which is much less efficient when it comes to fuel. I don't know what to do at this point. I just want my own car back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKarma View Post
Update: It has now been 22 days without my car. No updates. No ETA on the part. I called Ford Customer Service and was told that my case would be escalated. Escalated apparently means that someone will call me back on Monday. I love my car, but this really doesn't make me feel like I made the right choice by buying a Ford.
Hi KillerKarma,

I'd like to check on the status of your escalation. PM me your case number or VIN and I'll start doing some detective work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmike View Post
My beautiful Focus is back. The dealer called me this afternoon for me to come pick it up. Every time I look at her Blue Candy finish and and black rims with silver trim, any regrets I had about purchasing her fade away...So Ford ended up replacing the steering gear assembly, and everything works again...
Yay! I love a great reunion story! Thanks for making my day.

-Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford