Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - NUMEROUS 2012 Ford Focus issues... someone please help!
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #17
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Freaking scum of a lying dealer. FML, the customer care representative now is trying to tell me that the dealer claimed that the seat heater was reading 125F at the element via the temperature sensor and that everything was fine. When the dealer told me that it was only ever at 90-100F. And now they believe the issue to be resolved/ claim it wasn't broken in the first place despite never reaching more than 88 degrees this morning when it was 55-57F out. That's operating within tolerance allegedly. WTF??????????

Heat transfer doesn't work that way that in such a small amount of space between the heater mat and the seat cover that you would lose over 30-40+ degrees and be considered within tolerance as far as I'm concerned with engineering. Thats a weak excuse and I want the car to reach at least 100+ on a 30F day because that's when I need the heat the most but it just gets weaker the colder it is.